Certified Widevine Implementation Partner Program Overview
The Certified Widevine Implementation Partner (CWIP) program is designed to allow highly qualified individuals and companies the ability to confidently and successfully install and configure Widevine systems for their clients. The goals of the program are:
- Teach CWIP candidates how to install, configure and troubleshoot the Widevine system
- Ensure a high level of satisfaction for both the System Integrator and their end customers
- Maintain a high level of Widevine system knowledge within the CWIP community
- Maintain a high level of content owner trust in the Widevine system and Widevine’s CWIPs
In order to become a CWIP the following obligations must be completed:
- Execution of legal agreements (Note: Individuals will be unable to register for classes until this step is complete)
- Non Disclosure Agreement
- Product Licensing Agreement
- Certified Widevine Implementation Partner Agreement
- Hands on lab time
- Written certification test
- Hands on practical test
- It should be noted that the class is difficult and the requirements for passing are high to ensure the highest quality and customer satisfaction with implementations performed by CWIPs.
To maintain CWIP certification, CWIPs must:
- Have on staff a minimum of 2 individuals that are CWIP certified
- Complete recertification every two years
- Pass audits of end user sites conducted by Widevine to ensure proper and secure installations
- End user and content owner experience must remain satisfactory
Training (in Kirkland, WA) will last from 4 to 7 business days depending on class schedule and include instruction on the following:
- Introduction to Widevine products
- Integration: Design aspects of Widevine integration such as architecture, systems planning, scalability, etc.
- Installation and Upgrades: Software installation and upgrade processes
- Operations: Daily operational tasks and monitoring of a deployed Widevine system
- Support & Troubleshooting: Overview of level 1,2,3 support tiers in terms of troubleshooting and maintaining a Widevine DRM system
- Application Development: Overview covering Widevine client APIs and lab exercises.
- Recertification (ongoing)
If you are interested in attending CWIP training and becoming a Certifed CWIP Partner, plesae contact us.